Friday, August 12, 2011

Very close friends gave birth at 30 weeks and it was stillborn - what to do/say?

I know they are absolutely devastated and I can't imagine the anger, resentment and sorrow they are feeling. To make matters worse, our good friends are due to have a baby in a couple weeks and I am almost 3 months pregnant as well. We all made plans for our kids to play together and I can't even imagine what she is feeling right now and will feel when (God willing) our babies are born. What can one do or say in this situation?? Obviously I know to refrain from maddening cliches (you're young, you can try again, he's in a better place now, it's for the better - I'd punch someone if they said that to me). Beyond saying I'm sorry and offering your help if needed, what is appropriate? What (if anything) can help??? They had all the baby stuff (crib, clothes, her mom had made quilts) which I imagine will be heartbreaking to see. Any advice??

No comments:

Post a Comment