Friday, August 12, 2011

Is it true that 70% of black women have never been married?

no that's not a true stat. it's true that about 70 percent of black children are born to single mothers but the marriage stat for black women who have never been married i'd say is closer to...50 or 60 percent. somewhere in there. i saw it once. and in my own experience, most black women I have known HAVE been married. granted, most are divorced. my grandma. my mom. all my aunts (one is still married after 23 yrs). everybody in my family has been married. all my male cousins are married to black women...etc. i'm married, and i'm 20 yrs old with a son who i had after i got married. and i'm black lol. and i know of two other black young couples my age. so i mean, it depends on who you are around, and what demographic you're looking at. if you go to the hood or the projects, you're not likely going to find too many married people period. but if you go to a working cl or middle cl neighborhood the likelihood of finding married blacks increases. don't lose hope. stats love making black ppl out to be single and lonely but it's so not true.

No comments:

Post a Comment